1937 Buick Water temp gauge unit wanted

John Jacques

John I'm sorry to report that I buggered the temperature gauge up trying to get it out of the housing and doubt I will be able to salvage the gauge. Only other temperature gauge I have is going to be included with a complete instrument cluster.

The gauge Ann Bell is selling looks like it has been rebuilt so I would assume the back looks alright, but you could ask for a picture if you are concerned. Only other suggestions I would have are Dave Tacheny, wait and hope another one pops up on Ebay or a swap meet, or have yours rebuilt.

Carl

Thanks Carl, I'm just starting this project and have a lot of time before this gauge is needed. I really do appreciate your replying to this topic, and am sorry to hear that I wouldn't be able to purchase the gauge from you. I'll keep in mind your recommendation to contact Dave.

Thanks again, John

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2020 at 3:50 PM, John Jacques said:

Looking for a 1937 Buick Coupe water temp gauge unit. Must be in good working condition with nice face plate. 

Bob's in California will rebuild for $180, I'm in same boat. Just bought 1937 Buick Century and temp, gas , and Speedo didn't work, Got speedo to work by cleaning cable going into gauge and a little grease

Bob, what I ended up doing was purchasing a water temp gauge for a 1951 GMC truck for $68.00, and interchanging the face plate with my defective water gauge. The unit I purchased was new and did not include the continious spiral wire protector. It did, however,  include a short protective covering in areas where a bend was required. Suggestion to anyone else that goes this route, be sure to purchase a water temp gauge that has the correct length of tubing. Gauges come in different tube lengths.

Thanks for the response.