1935 Dodge KC 1st vs 2nd series info needed

pkhammer

I just purchased a 1935 Dodge KC 1/2 ton pickup that is pretty much disassembled. The previous owner purchased the truck, had it shipped from Nebraska to Virginia, tore the truck apart in an effort to start restoration and that's as far as the project got. There is no title and the data tag is missing from the firewall. What I have learned so far is that it is a 2nd series with front hinged doors, solid cab roof, rounded lower windshield corners and the 3 gauge cluster in the center of the dash. My real confusion is with the front fenders. The ones that came with this truck do not have the scallops along the leading edge. I looked at LOTS of photos of 1935 Dodge trucks on line and out of dozens of trucks I saw photos of only two without those scallops. Can anybody shed light on this and other changes that Dodge made to these trucks in 1935?

I'm not sure what the future holds for this truck. I bought it as "parts" and this one may end up being parted out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 3:20 PM, pkhammer said:

I just purchased a 1935 Dodge KC 1/2 ton pickup that is pretty much disassembled. The previous owner purchased the truck, had it shipped from Nebraska to Virginia, tore the truck apart in an effort to start restoration and that's as far as the project got. There is no title and the data tag is missing from the firewall. What I have learned so far is that it is a 2nd series with front hinged doors, solid cab roof, rounded lower windshield corners and the 3 gauge cluster in the center of the dash. My real confusion is with the front fenders. The ones that came with this truck do not have the scallops along the leading edge. I looked at LOTS of photos of 1935 Dodge trucks on line and out of dozens of trucks I saw photos of only two without those scallops. Can anybody shed light on this and other changes that Dodge made to these trucks in 1935?

I'm not sure what the future holds for this truck. I bought it as "parts" and this one may end up being parted out.

Got any photos of what you DO have?