Brake line clean out 29 U

Donlock

I would strongly suggest replacing them - truthfully for the small cost it's not worth the risk of one failing and there is no way of knowing really how strong they are.  They may look good on the outside but weak on the inside.  Just my 2 cents.

Don 

• Like 1

Hello Don,  I also have early Plymouths with copper brake lines.  I have been told that these lines are not regular copper but  a tubing that the  refrigeration industry use today.  I have a old fashioned siphon gun that  holds about a qt.  and you hook up your air hose line to it.    I would blow the line out first with air to make sure its open.   If blocked use  a length   10 ga single strand electrical wire to run into the line to unblock it.   Then put brake fluid in the siphon  gun  and wash out the line.  Since it's brake fluid  any residue left over won't hurt anything.  Make a device to catch the brake fluid coming out as it is harmful to paint and makes a general mess.   Just a thought.  Don Feeney

On 1/19/2020 at 7:36 AM, Donlock said:

Sorry but they are copper and fitting are hard to find the lines I am talking about.

Thanks Don

My 1932 Dodge Brothers DL sedan has the same type of brake lines as your Plymouth.  Your brake cylinders accept modern fittings.  I replaced all the brake lines on my car with double flared Cunifer copper-nickel tubing.  It has a coppery appearance, is very easy to bend and has an very high pressure rating.  Old copper lines tend to become brittle with use and vibration.  Cunifer looks original and you will have a comfortable feeling of safety and peace of mind.

• Like 2