Long Time Buick Guy, Newbie Here...

36Special

Hey All, 

My name is Scott and I reside in Central NC just outside of the Raleigh area. Newbie to the site but a long time Buick guy. My first was a 1970 Buick Gran Sport when I was 17. Unfortunately as a young and dumb kid back in the day, I met a woman in my late teens and sold the car! I still tear up when I think of that car and the amount of time, love and money I put into that car only to sell it right before the paint job. 

Recently, my father-in-law caved in after 3 years of me constantly asking him what he was going to do with his 36 Buick Special he had sitting in the driveway of his backyard and he surprised me last week by asking me where I wanted it delivered! I had no idea what he was talking about because he is working on a Pinewood Derby car for for his grandson/my step son and I was quite confused. But alas, it is going to be getting a new home and I have renewed vigor and chomping at the bit to get started. It may take a while, but none the less, looking forward to the work. I'm titling it "Project 36".

Please check out my post as I have posted a few photos, have to resize a few other to get them posted in the forum.

Thanks for looking and hoping to get to know some fellow 36 owners and all you other Buick guys!

• Like 4

On 1/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, 36Special said:

Hey All, 

My name is Scott and I reside in Central NC just outside of the Raleigh area. Newbie to the site but a long time Buick guy. My first was a 1970 Buick Gran Sport when I was 17. Unfortunately as a young and dumb kid back in the day, I met a woman in my late teens and sold the car! I still tear up when I think of that car and the amount of time, love and money I put into that car only to sell it right before the paint job. 

Recently, my father-in-law caved in after 3 years of me constantly asking him what he was going to do with his 36 Buick Special he had sitting in the driveway of his backyard and he surprised me last week by asking me where I wanted it delivered! I had no idea what he was talking about because he is working on a Pinewood Derby car for for his grandson/my step son and I was quite confused. But alas, it is going to be getting a new home and I have renewed vigor and chomping at the bit to get started. It may take a while, but none the less, looking forward to the work. I'm titling it "Project 36".

Please check out my post as I have posted a few photos, have to resize a few other to get them posted in the forum.

Thanks for looking and hoping to get to know some fellow 36 owners and all you other Buick guys!

By the way, I just want to point out that the Buick Club of America ( BCA) will be having their 2021 National Meet in Charlotte NC.  You may want to attend even if your car is just running, or not even together.   The    BCA   is about all Buicks, and National Meets often have swap meets where the preponderance of parts are Buick oriented.  I recommend joining the club at the link above.