Globe Radiator shutter

Michael Peternell

It’s a winterfront. Common auto and truck accessory from 1921 to 1928. They have very little value, but make Great Wall hangers.

• Like 2

Looks universal to me......when they were direct fit, often they had an inexpensive name badge on them. I have two Pierce Arrow units, and can’t get 100 for them at Hershey for more than ten years. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

13 hours ago, edinmass said:

It’s a winterfront. Common auto and truck accessory from 1921 to 1928. They have very little value, but make Great Wall hangers.

Agreed, they do look neat on a wall and periodically on a car too, especially the nickle plated ones for larger cars such as Packard's and Pierce Arrow's. 

• 3 years later...
On 1/11/2020 at 5:34 AM, Michael Peternell said:

A friend gave me this. Not sure what it fits, but for some reason I can picture it on the car.

I thought it would be easier to ask the professionals than to spend a hour on the googler trying

to figure it out. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Mike Peternell

MVIMG_20200110_162509.jpg

IMG_20200110_162623.jpg

MVIMG_20200110_162556.jpg

It is a winterfront, a cover that is placed over the grille and headlights of a vehicle during the winter months to help keep the engine and cabin warmer by reducing the amount of cold air that flows through the radiator and into the engine compartment, and to also protect the headlights from ice and snow buildup.

Edited by wavev (see edit history)