Hurst shifter help

MeanSteveMcqueen

The 3138 shifter body with the angled recptor for the stick was used on a lot of 1970-up GM cars, including GTOs, 442s, and Chevelles. You'll have to pull the stick out of the receptor to read the number stamped on the lower end of the stick to determine it's application.

The levers need to match the trans. The shifter body (mainly the angle of the receptor) and the stick need to match the console. I'm not a Pontiac expert, but I can tell you that the 3138 shifter will NOT work in a 1969-older Oldsmobile console. The stick comes up in completely the wrong place. I suspect Pontiacs may have the same issue.

6 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

Shift lever arm 7267 is for a Ford Toploader, so it appears that you have a Ford shifter body that someone snapped a Chevy stick into.

What has me confused is that the top part even where that shifter stick goes in is a 71 z28  but the levers are for a toploader.....soooo whats it go to without the stick

The pictures I attached is of the ford that take the 7267 lever but the top is completely different.the other is gm with similar top but wrong levers

Screenshot_20191123-203526.png

Screenshot_20191123-203616.png

38 minutes ago, MeanSteveMcqueen said:

What has me confused is that the top part even where that shifter stick goes in is a 71 z28  but the levers are for a toploader.....soooo whats it go to without the stick

The pictures I attached is of the ford that take the 7267 lever but the top is completely different.the other is gm with similar top but wrong levers

Screenshot_20191123-203526.png

Screenshot_20191123-203616.png

That's not the only Ford shifter that uses the 7267 lever.  It's also possible to disassemble and reassemble the shifter with different levers. The Competition Plus shifter body is very modular.