1990 Maui Convertible FSl 91,000 miles

B Jake Moran

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/cedar-rapids-1990-buick-reatta/7006846301.html

This has been for sale at same price for awhile.  It does look pretty nice and there is some information provided. 

00R0R_2Fna1c7ddI2_600x450.jpg

01212_hOWYA9lhJeD_600x450.jpg

Most Maui convertibles I have seen have a white top.  Was that predominate?  I ask because I think these would look good with tan or black tops.  Maui is still not in the lighter color spectrum of Blue.  It measures in the darker blends.  White almost seems too bright too "pop" to me where a tan would harmonize with the Blue and or Black would look good too. 

This ad gives us an idea of what the cars are selling for........  the car has 91240 miles and the asking price is just under $8,000.and it is not selling.

Would it sell if the asking price was $7,000........maybe some input from the sell would tell us if he is even getting calls.

I just received a call about another blue convertible in Florida but it has 168K miles a new top, could stand tires and the check engine light is on.

The seller said his mechanic said "don't worry about the check engine light"  and he said the car had been repainted and something in the conversation indicated that it was not the correct blue.

Anyway,  He said he would be happy with $5,000..........I suggested he list it for $6,000 and he could always come down.......

On the other end of the scale.......another Florida convertible,  a 1991 blue/blue/white with 11,000 miles sold for $17,000.

43 minutes ago, Y-JobFan said:

We know two Maui's had saddle interiors and saddle tops - stunning combination.  I prefer the gray interior Maui's to the common blue combination.  

That's true.  That was a nice combination.  That Maui and Beechwood in my opinion was a homage to the Ferraris and other exotics that used that similar combination.  I suppose it was too crazy for most conservative Buick buyers.   Now that you mention it, I would prefer grey as an interior color over the darker blue.  How about a grey clothe convertible top?   That would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...