PA air silencer

Guest broker'bob

Guest broker'bob

would like to here from  anyone  running a Plymouth PA   with the pictured brass bowl Carb and air silencer      please contact at  bobnroman@yahoo.com

scan0001.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Guest broker'bob

you know I never thought of that     but you maybe correct    the earlier  31 PA had the air intake under the carb   proved to be dangerous so they came up with this           ---------------have one, but because of the cables and throttle  rod     I can not figure how it mounts   would like to use it        they are very rare 

The Shark nose breather on the 32 PB is even more rare and at least the 32 PB my Dad always said the more ram air from top of engine then coming in from side of the engine, thus causing better performance, my PB flies down the road,with the shark setup and the BB-1 Carb. but each year after winter hard to start can not squirt e-ther in that  easy down the long snout and box a pain to take off and on. just my opine,Good luck in the search,  I am sure there is a PA guy using it, try the Plymouth bulletin and ask

Guest broker'bob

I sent same     LETTERS TO EDITOR       to Lanny to put in Bulletin        world like use on my car      there must have been special carb with out all cables on out side

Guest broker'bob

in the picture a brass bowl carb is depicted     the BB!, though better unit has the air intake at an angle     original carb is straight    the pipe on my silencer is also straight so am restricted to which I can use

Bob ,does your brass bowl have the far side throttle ?  You know i remember someone else asking about this type unit before . I saw one laying buy a table this year at Hershey . I wish I would have handled it . I thought it was adjustable for tilt on the box in relation to the pipe and same with tail pipe and breather .

Guest broker'bob

the problem is the accelerator rod and the choke cable are on the outside of carb     sometimes I run a BB1 on this car and the configuration is the same     the air pipe on the silencer is in the space taken up by choke and accelerator rod     the only way this would work would be a special addition of carb where all the hookups would be on inside    since the 31 PA had the early version with air filter under carb they may have used them for half a year     not many made        the silencer I have is like new     I hate not to be able to use it  ---if you look at the picture above it shows the silencer on the carb   it also shows the choke and accelerator arm on carb    I can do that with mine but not with the accelerator and choke cable attached which would be on the left of carb      ---------------------------------like the TRINTY ???--------It's a mystry

Edited by broker'bob (see edit history)