Is this a Crosley?

Hello all!

I am trying to identify a car for possible purchase that says it is a Crosley but it doesn’t look like any Crosley I’ve seen. The serial number in the engine compartment identifies it as a 1948 Crosley CC model, but I have not found one that looks like this.  Can anyone confirm there are CC models out there that look like this or what it might be?

Any information would be appreciated.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Thank you both for your reply.  It is a shame if two Crosleys were cut up to make it.  That is interesting about the tail, could not tell what it was.  If you zoom in on the chrome piece, it looks ornate.  From what I can tell it has the letters M E T Z in old English font.  Made me think another type of car tail was used, reminded me of an auburn boat tail.

Edited by Antiquer12 (see edit history)

Well, I'm not an expert so I may be wrong. I have heard of Metz but am not too familiar with them...perhaps it's one of them, and just bears a resemblance to the Crosley nose. I will have to look it up because I don't know what they look like.

Edit: I did a quick image search on Metz and it appears they were Brass era and earlier. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=metz car&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=metz ca&sc=8-7&sk=&cvid=F43E81FC02AE48F9A245F40E9E955445

Edited by Billy Kingsley (see edit history)

I thought the same thing when looking at the front, it resembles a '39 - '42, but nothing else looked similar to the body style.  I've been trying to match that chrome piece on the back to other cars because of the engravings on it, but no luck. Metz cars was a good idea, didn't think of them.

Inside the car, there are Crosley hubcaps.  There are also gauges that look like they are from a 1950 Crosley station wagon, but don't look like they were original, they do not fit in the dashboard.  Between how the body looked and the gauges, it  made me think they were trying to turn it into a Crosley Sabre.  The engine is an in-line 4 with a Tillotson carburetor.