1931 Custom Series Bumper center clamp Wanted

odyssey

Need bumper center clamp(s) for our 1931 Custom Club Sedan project. We would be happy to reproduce in fine detail (investment cast) if we could borrow a clean original. 

Also could use a set of 4 fine original bumper outer clamps, or one to borrow to reproduce. 

Also need one interior door handle in good condition.

Tom Rasmussen

Odyssey Restorations, Inc.

763-786-1518

odyrestorations@comcast.net

IMG_5617.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tom, oddly the outer bumper clamps look very "Packard" like all be it my best guess is Peerless ones are more smooth on tops verses the Packard ones more mirror the Packard grill  shape - just a thought as Packard reproductions in brass have been done before many times and you stand a good chance of finding a pair (and perhaps a "Packard" set could be modified slightly modified to fit). 

• 4 years later...

I can fabricate the center bumper clamps, but this photos is not good enough.  Does anyone have a photo? Anybody...?? I hate to fake it.   

The 1930 did not use this clamp and the 1931 smaller series cars had a single bar bumper and plain center clamp. 

I'd probably copy a 1930 plain center clamp if anyone has a photo. We are getting down to the final details on this car.

Thanks for any help. We have much info to share if anyone else is in need.

BTW - we are ok on the outer clamps, thanks, John. They do look very much like Packard clamps.  

Tom Rasmussen

Odyssey Restorations, Inc.

763-786-1518

odyrestorations@aol.com   (comcast account is gone)

Odyssey, quite a motor car you have there! Classy and rarest-of-the-rare. Did you know that about 4,000 of the straight-eight Peerlesses were built, but the remainder could fit in a typical Pizza Hut parking lot?

I'll start looking through some photos.

Here's a much more often seen Custom Eight:

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 1.15.54 PM.png

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284812194211?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110018%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPLISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D255333%26meid%3D08e2c1c3e793405fbae2696e5a23828d%26pid%3D101196%26rk%3D4%26

(a metal sign showing a 1930 model)

Tom,

I sent more pics to your email address, but it was invalid. Sent a PM w/ same info on Sunday.

Tom,

On the subject of front bumpers, the 4th photo I sent in the PM is one I've seen F/S on ebay, but it may be clipped a little in the version I sent you. 

You probably have uncovered this photo of a Peerless Custom Eight in your research, it's the last Peerless built, one of a few assembled from parts after production officially ended in June. This one was completed November 7th, 1931. Instead of the 1-piece bumper '31s seemed to favor, it's a 2-piece, more 1930 like Ele Chesney's car. It's a 1932, of course. It went to Cleveland Chief of Police George Matowitz:

Screenshot2022-02-17at6_41_46PM.png.9697e0588f378134f355045b9eb858c7.png

It seems that there are two Custom Eight Club Sedans. I'm guessing yours is the one from Minnesota - not the one in the New York, New Jersey area.

----Jeff