Any Facebook Gurus Know how to customize searches?

auburnseeker

I have been wasting alot of time searching for stuff on Facebook and have found the platform lacks alot of refinement.

Is there any way to search so that the newest listed stuff comes up on top,  or do I have to dig through the piles of old listings to eventually find a new one?  

Seems craigslist started charging a little too early so now facebook doesn't have any competition to keep modifying their platform to compete. 

I also found that a search like 193* doesn't turn up the results it does on other sites.  

I think maybe they hired all the tech guys that ebay fired to set it all up. 

I don’t think there is a way to do that yet.  The Facebook marketplace is evolving weekly it seems.  It’s definitely going to pass craigslist soon in terms of non-job seeking classifieds (that’s what craigslist was originally designed for, and where it makes its money, along with dealer car ads).  Facebook is nice because you can vet buyers and sellers to some degree by checking their info.

I've found some ways to search.  but it's time consuming.  My problem is like some of you I have a wide interest range in old cars so I like to cast a wide net, but really hate looking at the same old overpriced rust buckets and aborted rat rod projects that seem to be the bulk of what's listed.  With Craigslist charging though I have found they chased off a lot of sellers that seem to have moved to Facebook. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bills Auto Works said:

I just missed a 58 Star Chief a couple of days ago.

I agree with all you said in your reply. I quoted the above because I had a "just missed" also, about 3 days ago.

1966 Bel Air 2 door sedan. 283 powerglide turquoise/turquoise. 62000 miles one family for $5000.

• Like 1