News from the BOD

Peter,

Please explain why you deleted my posts and closed this thread to comments, only to re-open it with comments from others. 

I made no negative posts and did not violate the forum rules.  You prevented me from making constructive comments after asking why a meet survey was made available only to OKC meet attendees when the survey was for all BCA meets.

Please explain or refer me to who instructed you to do this.

Mark Shaw

Are you referring to the "From the National Meet Committee" thread?  The "News from the BOD" thread is not locked as far as I can tell

Jack Welch, the Secretary of the BCA, and in this case the chair of the National Meet Committee, started that informational thread as a way of giving a "'report" to BCA members about what is going on in the BCA. He intends to add to the thread as new information about the National Meet Committee comes available.  Whether posting reports here by club officers will be a good idea or not remains to be seen.

I believe the members of the BCA would want to have reports from officers of the club and chairman of committees to keep them informed about what is going on in the BCA in a timely manner.  In order for reports like this, and future updates to it, to be presented in a cohesive manner that makes sense, the thread can't be cluttered with opposing opinions, criticism or questions about the report.  The thread was intended to be a report to club members - not a debate. That is why the thread was locked and posts were hidden.  Otherwise the thread would eventually be removed completely because it was heading down the road of bickering and turmoil that has plagued the BCA for much too long.

Ronnie,

Thanks for your response, but there was no bickering or any kind of debate.  I only asked why the survey was only given to OKC attendees when the survey was not just for the OKC meet, but was for all previous meets.  There was no valid reason to delete my post when I was only asking questions and suggesting that such a survey should be sent to BCA members who attended other meets as well.

None of the posts were permanently deleted. They were just hidden. Moderators can still see what was posted.  The posts weren't hidden because of any specific post that was made by you or anyone else. Lots of posts were hidden. They were hidden because of the general tone of the thread and the direction the thread was heading. It was evident that it was headed downhill with this statement: " Liars figure and figures lie".  The bickering has to stop.

Your question was addressed to @Peter Gariepy but I answered because I was the one who hid the posts and locked the thread.  When Peter sees this he may want to override what I did or he may just delete the entire thread and Jack's report will be lost.  We will see where it goes.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1