Matt's '41 Century Website

Matt Harwood

Hi Guys,

I just thought I'd drop a message in here and let you know that I have a website devoted to my '41 Century sedanette. I've also started a '41-42 Century Registry to track these cars down and keep data on them. You can link to the site here.

Also, as a professional writer and part-time car builder, I write a monthly column that I post on my site called "Spinning My Tires." It appears the first of each month. This month, I took one of our discussions from this very board (rodding vs. restoring) and shared a few opinions on it. Perhaps I'll make some enemies, perhaps I'll make some new friends, but I sincerely hope that you'll find it interesting and thought-provoking. If you have thoughts, feel free to E-mail them to me.

I also keep a log on my restoration progress (none in the last 2-3 months, unfortunately), and an archive of all past posts and "Spinning My Tires" editorials.

This is completely not-for-profit, and done 100% by me because of my enthusiasm for this hobby. I'm hoping that it will be an inspiration to all of you, and perhaps a place where we can get together and share some good times. And if you have a '41 or '42 Buick of <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">any type</span></span> , feel free to join the registry. There's no cost or obligation for that.

See you soon.

Passenger_Side_Wide.jpg

Matt,

Before saying what I want to say I must say this out for everyone else who reads this thread. If you have not checked out Matt's website do it. It is terrific. And while I am at it Bill Stoneberg also has a wonderful website where he is covering his restoration of a 1950 woodie. Anyone else out there that has a website, and you have not promoted it, please so so. They are a lot of fun to look at and be able to share in your project.

And now, I have not checked your website in a couple of weeks but just did so and see that the restoration entries have not been updated since August. I know you previously mentioned that you had been busy but would get back to it and that is fine with me (worth waiting for). As I mentioned before an excellent website and fun to lo [color:\\"blue\\"] ok through. Any chance you can put an index in so one does not have to click, click, click until a new entry is reached (or if this can be done can you tell me how to do so?)?

Regards, Gene

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't done any work on the Buick since August because I have completely renovated my garage/shop in preparation for winter. I'll have pictures of that up shortly. Basically, I insulated my garage, put up 1/2" OSB paneling, rewired it for electrical service (you can imagine the treat of digging a trench from my house to my garage for conduit), and added air compressor hard line drops in the garage and in my shop in the basement of my house. It's been a major undertaking, but I'm in the home stretch. My new compressor was delivered yesterday, and I should have power connected out there by this weekend. All that's left is heat.

Anyway, you can click on the Restoration Log Archives section to get a full index of every entry and click directly to each one.

I'm really anxious to get busy on the car again, but to do so, I needed a better work space. I'll be pulling the front end sheetmetal off and rebuilding the suspension over the winter. I have a glass bead cabinet and powdercoater in my basement shop, so getting air to the house was a priority so I could work when it is cold.

Thanks again for the kudos, and I'll let you know when I've started work again.

• 1 month later...

I just did a major update to the site to let you all know what I've been up to the past few months--renovating my shop.

I also recommend both Bill's and Tom Yang's sites, which are extremely interesting and very well detailed. I agree with Bill: when I can't work on the car, I work on the web site about the car.

Enjoy and thanks for all the kind E-mails!