Gas Pump Globe Metal Wall Display Sconce.

Jolly_John

Back in the day, gas stations and auto dealerships would sometimes display gas pump globes and vehicle brand lighted globes outside their building by an entry or garage door. This cast metal gas globe sconce is used for that purpose.

I've attached some photos of BUICK globes that are readily available in reproduction these days. Similar globes for many other automobile makers are also available. Please note that I'm NOT selling any of these globes, just the nifty cast metal wall sconce to display them. However, I would be happy to guide you to what I think is the most reasonably priced supplier of these reproduction globes.

I'm not sure of the age of this vintage gas globe wall sconce. I've had it between my garage doors for about 25 years, after buying it at a swap meet. If memory serves me right, I originally stripped the worn paint that was on it, and sprayed it black. I believe there's a good chance this sconce is an early reproduction, rather than one from back in the 1920's and 1930's. I've priced this sconce below what the current reproductions are going for, so it should represent a value.

This good condition, cast metal gas globe sconce measures 13" deep, and is 9" high (not including the bulb socket). This sconce can be mounted so you can display your gas globe upright or hanging. The base is 6", and accepts glass, metal, or plastic globe bodies. Since I used this sconce outside, I replaced the three slotted-head globe retaining screws with allen head screws for a little security.

The price is $135, plus the shipping. Thanks for looking. John

003 (800x674).jpg

010 (719x800).jpg

007 (800x732).jpg

013 (800x754).jpg

abuick2.jpg

abuick1.jpg

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)