WTB: 1921 buick 6 water pump / shaft

JBuick

Hello out there,

I’m the new owner of a 1921 buick 21-44 roadster. I do most of my own work. I am going through the car fixing and rebuilding different major components. I removed the water pump cleaned up the shaft and repacked it. Shaft is in so-so condition, and I never actually took the water pump itself apart.  Given the large chunks of rust that came out of the block etc. and the condition of pump body, I would like to find a rebuildable core. Or does anybody know of someone who can make/reproduce the shaft? Or if someone had a technical drawing of it, I’d take a crack at making it myself. Any leads on seals and gaskets would be much appreciated. Appreciate the help. Love the pre-war cars!

049F1A27-49A8-4ED4-A1ED-5EE7375DC733.jpeg

J Buick, 

Please consider moving this post to the Buick Pre War Technical site.  There are more of us Buick folks there, and we can help you.    I have a 1925 Buick Standard with the Z style shaft, so it should be similar to yours.  No one will have a good used shaft.  Egge in California may have a shaft drawing on file so contact them.  This is a drawing of the 1925 Buick Master Shaft that I made at the same time as the machinist was making shafts for his Master and my Standard. .  You can use this and make changes to the dimensions using your shaft for reference.  Easier than redrawing it.  

I also have a lot of information about packing and using lip seals and new bushings, etc, but I need to organize all this before I post it again.  Mark Kikta is currently doing the water pump shaft for his 1922-45 and it is the same shaft as yours and they are putting in new bushing and lip seals.    Your car looks great.  Hugh

1768282697_WaterPumpD1Shaftdimensions1925BuickMasterrev4.thumb.JPG.d545d2f2afa1bc4cd1aa175c67000d83.JPG

1465641281_WaterPumpBShaftPartsBook-Crop.thumb.jpg.b62bd280e26baea29884e296cf26094c.jpg

Hugh

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)