Brass plates

Betty Jean

I currently am digging in my back yard with a metal detector and I have found some parts of a vehicle that I am having a difficult time to pinpoint exactly what it is that I am looking at.  I have the Seldon brass plate #43512 (Nov.5,1895) and an ER Thomas Motor Co., Pat. Nov. 8th 1904, Buffalo, N.Y.  I believe that I spoke with a gentleman, by the name of Bill Green from this club and he stated that because I also have a “door handle” that it was probably around 1906-1907.  It is confusing to me with the different dates on the 2 different brass plates.  I have found many small brass pieces and a large white porcelain license plate dated 1910 with the numbers 2286 VT.  The license plate was manufactured by the “Baltimore Enamal & Novelty, enameled iron signs company.  I am just loving the history and hope to be further enlightened!  I am willing to consider selling individual pieces or possibly as a lot.  Unfortunately, I am not good with computers and I do not know how to send pictures to the forum.  If anyone is interested in any of the pictures please feel free to e-mail me at.......    Betty.charette@gmail.com      I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.