Wanted - 1937 Buick 40 (special) Generator or Pulley

Bloo

Title says it all. I am looking for a Generator pulley for 1937 40 series. The pulley is narrower than a Century/Roadmaster/Limited. Would seriously consider a whole generator. What do you have?

40 series cars use a 3/4" belt, rather than the 7/8" used on the big cars.

Thanks!

I am doing a resto-mod on a '37 46s coupe. I sold the chassis with running gear to a museum but I got 4 or 5 boxes of parts with car and may have one. Send me a PM and I will try and get you a picture over the weekend. 

Still looking for a 1937 40 series pulley or whole generator. Condition fairly unimportant.

Generator is Delco 918B or 918G. Pulley is 1869825.

The pulley may be the same through 1939 (I have conflicting sources about that). The one I am looking for looks like the Roadmaster pictured above, but is a little narrower. It is still a wide pulley compared to most, just not as wide as the Roadmaster.

Thanks.

Here is a picture of my generator.  It was on my '38 Special from the time I bought the car (getting close to 30 years now!) until about 4 or 5 years ago when I found one that had a nicer case, and also still 1157458631_38Generator.thumb.JPG.b288952df16ba9f7312ee6578b77864f.JPGhad the Delco Remy tag.  Other than these appearance issues, it is perfectly functional.  The scale next to the generator shows the overall length, since I tried to align the beginning of the scale with the very end of the generator (rear bearing housing).  You can see the width of the pulley as well.

$40 + shipping, from Dayton OH. 

You can send me a PM to make arrangements or ask any other questions.  These generators are fairly heavy, so if there is any way to pick it up... not sure where you are located. 

Let me know,

Jeff

• Like 1