Pierce Arrow Clock?

Den41Buick

Can anyone give me an idea which year of car might have used this clock? My first guess is a Pierce Arrow, since this was found in the home of someone who only owned Pierce Arrows. Thanks

image1[1].jpeg

image2[1].jpeg

I hear both of you but I would not want to walk around with this in my pocket. Also the back seems industrial not cosmetic. The neck is rather long as well. By the way it still works!

image3.jpeg

The same clocks as used in cars (often called "watches") were also used in boudoir clocks (Google them) in which the clock was not the dominant decorative feature.  Waltham did indeed supply Pierce-Arrow for the teens and 20s EXCEPT for an approximate 12-15-month period (March 1925 to perhaps June 1926) when the Waltham workers were on strike and Elgin clocks/watches were substituted.  Strangely, the movement of the Waltham clock with Pierce logo on its face in my early-1925 (1924-production) Pierce 80 was found to have, according to an old-time watchmaker, a **1917** Waltham serial number--despite the fact that Pierce clocks were very different in the teens.  On the latter basis, I suggest you have a watchmaker check for the serial number (inside the case) and compare it to the Waltham serial number list.

• 5 months later...

I believe Waltham made clocks with a similar appearing face for P-A, but with a few important differences.  The reset/winder stem would be at the six-o'clock position so it would be accessible from below the dashboard, and it would be  back from the clock face as opposed to being mounted on the rim, and a couple of inches longer in length.

Craig

• Like 1