Trip reset cable

Loren@65GS.com

2 hours ago, Loren@65GS.com said:

In the group of Riviera parts I picked up the other day , there are a few of the trip odometer reset cable. But there are two different lengths . So what's up with that ?

Loren

SAM_1873.JPG

The `63-`65 reset cables are all the same as per the parts book and my inspection of a `63 and `65 dash assemblies. The Riviera cable is 9 and 7/8ths inches long and has a female end where it screws into the speedo assembly. It appears the lower cable in your pic is for the `63-`65 Rivs. All the `63-`64 big cars take the same cable as the `63-`65 Rivs and the `66 cars didnt have a trip reset. Maybe your other cable is for another `65 big car like LeSabre, Wildcat or Electra?

Tom

50 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

The `63-`65 reset cables are all the same as per the parts book and my inspection of a `63 and `65 dash assemblies. The Riviera cable is 9 and 7/8ths inches long and has a female end where it screws into the speedo assembly. It appears the lower cable in your pic is for the `63-`65 Rivs. All the `63-`64 big cars take the same cable as the `63-`65 Rivs and the `66 cars didnt have a trip reset. Maybe your other cable is for another `65 big car like LeSabre, Wildcat or Electra?

Tom

I haven't a clue as of right now for sure. The gentleman that these parts came from is in his 80's. They are left over from the two Riviera's he restored. It was a take it all or nothing type of deal. lol

Thanks for the help Tom,

Loren