1931 Buick Speedometer Cable

Str8-8-Dave

Looking for a good speedometer cable assembly for 1931 Buick model 8-66S.  This cable connects to the AC 90mph rotary drum speedometer via a square drive and has a right angle brace.  Transmission  end has gear with 24 teeth.  Lands on the transmission adapter measure 0.872" dia.  See pictures.   Same cable for other 1931 Buick series 60/80/90 may be identical except have 22 teeth or 21 teeth on the driven gear at the transmission end and would be considered.  If you have one of these you would sell please e-mail me at dkrugler@msn.com or reply to this thread. 

Thanks.

Dave

IP 0079.jpg

IP 0078.jpg

IP 0075.jpg

Edited by Str8-8-Dave
Revise text (see edit history)

I believe I have the speedo that you are looking for. I am in Florida until April 3rd but my parts are in Mass.

If you email me on the 3rd, I can look and see what condition it is in. If it’s broken, I can cast a new lower unit in bronze.

Wayne Elsworth

yachtflame@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

Wayne- if you see this please check your e-mail.  I still don't have a speedometer cable for my car.  The cable in the first 2 pictures above is a really nice cable but has the wrong diameter diecast trans adapter, it's too big to fit the hole in the trans, and it has no gear on the end.  The jacket and speedo end are like NOS.  If you could build that cable with a diecast adapter that measures 0.872" dia. and supply it with a 24 tooth gear that would be perfect.  I'll take a nice complete cable if you have one and that is easier.  I did e-mail you but got no response.  Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks.

Dave