AACA ballot reform (5-7)

Right teddy. Even if someone knows all of them could they find 7 they want to vote for. They write their own pieces for the magazine so what help is that. Think I will save $.37 this year and not vote. I can only find 5 I would vote for.

JEB

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Ballot reform was looked into by the board, I spoke to Terry Bond, national dir. and he was on the committee. He did post some info a few months ago. I will let him give the details.

Idea!!? Perhaps a "Meet the candidate" reception at Hershey would help.

These AACA members, as you are,devote numerous hours at meetings

to keep AACA, AACA Library &Research and AACA Museum running

smoothly.

Defeated??

Sounds like theAACA all right, why change what does not work, why fix what is broken....

For very many of us we could just toss darts at the ballot, it would be just as effective. How about a dartboard at the board meetings and those of us that don't know any of the candidates could just have a "proxy" throw 7 darts for us???

Its just as effective as the current method.

Sorry just venting frustration

Bill

teddy. i throw mine in the trash too. i know some of them enough not to want to vote for 4 of them. i will not vote for people i dont want elected just to have my ballot counted. frown.gif

critterpainter. they wont fix whats broke but they sure can break what works. mad.gif

FYI:

Proposed By-Law Change

The AACA Board, at its most recent Board Meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania, decided not to revise the current club By-Laws to change the voting process. There had been a proposition presented that would reduce the current requirement of exactly 7 votes per ballot, to a minimum of five votes up to a maximum of 7 votes on each ballot. Modification of club By-Laws requires a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors.