Unidentifioed Chrome Wiper motor

Dave Henderson

Something is screwed up.  I can't post the wiper motor without it being combined with the lug wrench....duh?   Please view this as 2 separate postings.
This motor's shaft protrudes 1 1/2" and also emerges on the inside for manual operation.  What's it from?MVC-007S.JPG.c52c9dd5e3ec2f528773f065b3df2baa.JPG
The smaller wrench, approx 15 7/8" long, is of similar construction to that of the XK 120 Jaguar one placed above.MVC-006S.JPG.2c7203600998c1ffb9769e4500e2e04a.JPG  MG? Triumph?  Jowett?  Sunbeam? ,Austin? ... Any ideas?

MVC-008S.JPG

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

I don't see how the wiper motor mounts 

Probably mounts to a tubular shaped roadster or phaeton windshield. Those just have the shaft mount and not the two side brackets, I believe.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Probably mounts to a tubular shaped roadster or phaeton windshield. Those just have the shaft mount and not the two side brackets, I believe.

Yes, the shaft projects through a tube with a nut on it, which secures it.  The nut can best be seen in the second picture.  It also could have been attached through the header on a car with a fixed windshield.

3 hours ago, Dave Henderson said:

Yes, the shaft projects through a tube with a nut on it, which secures it.  The nut can best be seen in the second picture.  It also could have been attached through the header on a car with a fixed windshield.

Except for the short shaft on this one. Doesn't look like it would go in a closed car since it is chromed.

54 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Except for the short shaft on this one. Doesn't look like it would go in a closed car since it is chromed.

Yes, agree, an open car.  May perhaps have been on a cabriolet or convertible sedan with a fixed windshield too.  I think it's from the early '30 to early mid-'30's.  Rare that it has the shaft projecting inside (with its handle missing) so the wiper can be operated manually if the vacuum drops going up hill, for instance.  Perhaps that further dates it to a time before fuel pumps were available which had a separate diaphragm for vacuum to the wiper motor.  I usually associate hand operated wipers with earlier cars such as Model T's.  It looks like whatever the shaft went through was about an inch thick, a bit thick for a windshield frame I think.