'54 Star Chief carpet

Summershandy

I'm getting a little miffed and confused thinking this was going to be a walk in the park. I contacted a supplier for a new carpet and they said they didn't have a pattern for the Star Chief 4 door sedan. The one they are selling for the 2 door is a moulded one piece. I have an underseat heater to that wouldn't work. The carpet they are selling for the 4 door Chieftain looks EXACTLY like the one I'm replacing. It's a 2 piece front and rear. I've asked if measurements can be confirmed but I think I've just ticked them off with my emails. Does anyone think the Chieftain carpet will fit my Star Chief? I'm not sure if the cabs are the same or not. Thanks!

The cabs on a 4-door Chieftain and a 4-door Star Chief are the same size and the Chieftain carpet should fit. I hate buying carpet, none of the replacements ever seem to fit like the originals. Maybe you can get some advice on this Forum who makes the best replacement carpet, that's what I would do if I were in the market for some. If there's an old car upholstery shop in your area you might ask them what brand they like to use. Opinions?

13 hours ago, The 55er said:

I hate buying carpet, none of the replacements ever seem to fit like the originals.

I so agree. I hate to throw out the original one but it's stained and has cigarette burns. It's also rotting away. I attribute the musty smell from it and my headliner. I'm looking at Stock Interiors at the moment. I would love to hear some reviews on carpet suppliers.