Paint for body colored mouldings

gtjr

I have a 90 Reatta that has the body colored trim, it needs paint as it is discolored. Both fascias need to be repainted, they are of course bc/cc and are shiny, the molding/rub strips are not shiny. Did Buick use a different paint or did they use a matte clear coat? Trying to figure out how to have bumper rub strips match the body strips on the bumper without shooting all the strips. Any ideas? 

Also am looking for a door lock switch, mine do not work, yet the remote locks and unlocks fine. It might be something as little as a bad contact, but I want to have a switch to use as a test unit.

Not much help here with answers, but, the front fascia on my car really needs paint. It’s all chipped and the hood isn’t bad at all. 63000 miles and a driver,  but  that fascia drives me nuts😈😈.  Wondering what the best way to repaint. Any advice appreciated.

thanks,

karl

I have had a couple of mine do as you described, the side molding (body color ) got almost chalky/dull looking, I could clean them up and they would look great and before long they would be dull again, this was only the side molding, ther front and rear were fine. I had to keep up with them constantly.  And others I had no issue.