Help IDing cars in a 1910s-1920s parking lot

EriqueB

Hi,

I'm very new to this forum and I hope someone will be able to help me! I'm doing a research on a Montreal building called the Victoria Skating Rink where the first ever recorded and organized hockey game was held (1875). To make a long story short, during the summer months the rink was sometime used as a parking lot. I have a real photo postcard that depicts this, and would like to have help from knowledgeable persons to help identify the latest date at which this picture could have been taken according to the models and years of the cars photographed.

I have very little knowledge of antique cars, but I'm always willing to learn. If someone would to give me more details, identifying individual cars and years (especially the 5 in the foreground), that would be awesome! :)

Here is a small picture of the garage I'm talking about. There is a higher resolution available on Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Garage_d'été_rue_Stanley_sur_le_site_du_Victoria_Skating_Rink_-_Summer_garage_on_Stanley_Street_on_the_location_of_the_Victoria_Skating_Rink.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Stanley garage_VSR.jpg

3 hours ago, Grandpa said:

Looks like a circa 1915 Overland on the right side of the front row.

I think the car between that Overland and the Packard Twin Six is another Overland - from the period when they first got electric lights but still had the wood firewall - late 1913/early 1914.

Wow! Thank you so very much to everybody, I'm overwhelmed!

I didn't think about looking up the license plates, but that's a good idea!

I will also look into the white/black tires, seems like a good lead!

@Grandpa : I think you're right about the 1915 Pierce-Arrow... that's quite a car, huge and stately