WTB early 1950's Chevrolet truck cab, five window

trimacar

I'm restoring our 1953 five-window Chevrolet truck, and the total floor needs replacement.  I'd like to find a replacement cab, preferably within a days drive (there and back) of Winchester Va.

Yes, cab looks good in picture...I always call an unrestored old car a peanut, may look fine on outside, but sometimes you open it up to find something rotten.....

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has one, or knows of one, please let me know.  Front floor rust OK, but overall must be solid.

thanks 

IMG_0414.jpg

I understand, but the problem is that the floor has disappeared!  There was sheet metal over the front floor board, and behind the seat was hidden....it can be fixed but parts and labor will exceed value of a good cab....but if that's the way I have to go, I will....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jackofalltrades70 said:

Just fix the floors. Beautiful as is otherwise! ?

Thanks....this is a good example, though, of pictures that "lie" to you.

I thought it was a solid truck, too, but the cab not only has rusty floors, but there's been some messed up repairs done to the door jambs too.  Also, even though those front fenders look good in picture, along the back edge of each of them is about half inch of bondo, and there are rusted out places.  As my buddy who really knows trucks stated, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being perfect, these fenders are about a 3.

So, nice as it looks, patina and all, it has problems.  I have located a couple of very nice cabs, and will probably have one in hand this time next week.  thanks dc

• Like 1

Well, the good thing is that Wilma could help too from the passenger seat!!  I, too, like the patina, but this cab's floor is a mess...

We've priced out all the repair panels that are needed for the floor/firewall, and cost is about $1400.  Add 30 to 40 hours of labor to that for install, and one can see that buying a rust-free cab for $2500 is a wise move. 

The "new" cab also comes with excellent doors, which hasn't been discussed, but the bottoms of the doors I have now are gone.....

IMG_74881.jpg

IMG_74901.jpg

IMG_74961.jpg

Yes I did, bought a really nice five window cab with great doors, no rust through at all, a super solid cab.

why do you ask, do you have one for sale?  I'm going to list the rusty cab on the local Craigslist and see if someone wants it....thanks...

Those are nice!  My "new" cab originally came from out west.  I used to work in Colorado, and it was amazing to see the condition of cars found sitting outside for years, virtually no rust and chrome in excellent condition.

Could you PM or email me his name and contact information?  I have a friend here who rebuilds early 50's Chevy trucks and is always looking for parts.

Thanks!  david.coco@comcast.net     

That is a really nice GMC cab, as Marty says.   I've always kind of wanted an old GMC truck, because those are my wife's initials!

My requirement was for a 5 window cab, though, I really like those little quarter windows, and that's what I found.

That cab will find a buyer I'm sure, as solid as it is.