Richard G. Weis Auction

Tim Keller

Richard G. Weis of Marion, NY, was a 50 year member of AACA and enjoyed his trip to Hershey, PA for the sale of his antique car parts every year since 1968. His last 30 years of sales specialized in early brass era parts mainly brass lamps, brass carburetors, horns, coil boxes, etc. and many other early brass cars.  The year 2014 was his final year at Hershey before his passing. This online-only auction is for the remainder of his collection consisting of restored lamps and all his parts and pieces of brass lamps that were used for his restoration and many unrestored lamps. Also included is his collection of early and late brass carburetors, mainly ford and some early brass unknown carburetors. Plus all restored and unrestored horns, coil boxes, manifolds, and all of the remainder of his parts inventory.

This is an internet only auction. All bidding is online. Everything sells to the highest bidder. The bidding for this auction will begin to close on Friday, October 12, 2018 at 11:00am.

A preview will be held on Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 11am - 7pm at 16 South Wolf Street, Manheim, PA 17545. For an earlier preview, call Peg at H.K. Keller at 717-879-0110 or email her at peg@hkkeller.com

You can access this auction at https://hkkeller.hibid.com/auctions/current/

weis.jpg

Edited by Tim Keller (see edit history)

1 hour ago, mercer09 said:

and why dont I see the brass at the auction site?

Their are 16 pages of items listed, I’ve seen brass headlamps and early car brass carbide lamps on the site plus lots of Model T and Model A stuff.  Also early brass carburetors too.

I looked at the auction offerings - nothing I must have although there a few maybes.

However, potential bidders should be aware of two facts:

1. The buyer's premium is 16%. 10% auction fee plus 6% sales tax. 
  2. The auction company will not ship anything to winning bidders. You must pick up your  purchase at Manheim, PA. The auction company gives the name of two shipping companies who can package and ship for you, but they have no connection with the auction house. No estimates of what it will cost to ship are given. 

Item number 2 is a deal breaker for me. I won't be bidding. If you are going to have an online-only auction, then you should provide in-house shipping arrangements and cost estimates. Other online auction dealers do this. 

Edited by RansomEli (see edit history)