drive and little car show in the south of France

sebastienbuick

2 hours ago, BearsFan315 said:

It is really nice to see a few American Cars in the mix of the bunch.

Auto-Retro magazine from France is an interesting read. (Not that I can read Français too well.)  They profile a lot of American cars as well as their own, and its a two-way street.  A year or two ago they profiled a US-market 1978 Renault 5 'Le Car' in the one issue.  Apparently, there were enough differences between a French home market model, vs. a US market model, including round 7" sealed beams in place of the rectangular Cibie H4 units, and the 'Le Car' stripes to include it in the magazine.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BearsFan315 said:

Very Cool

it must be nice for you all to see an American Left Hand Drive car like it is for us to see a Right hand Drive here.

It is really nice to see a few American Cars in the mix of the bunch. then throw in the VW.

Do you guys have many VW bugs around the region ?? I know years ago they were everywhere here, but have since phased out. 

thank you BearsFan315 :) 
yes we cross a few on the road, but we see more citroen 2cv on the road than VW bugs .

there are some VW club and there are VW bugs and VW van .

7 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Auto-Retro magazine from France is an interesting read. (Not that I can read Français too well.)  They profile a lot of American cars as well as their own, and its a two-way street.  A year or two ago they profiled a US-market 1978 Renault 5 'Le Car' in the one issue.  Apparently, there were enough differences between a French home market model, vs. a US market model, including round 7" sealed beams in place of the rectangular Cibie H4 units, and the 'Le Car' stripes to include it in the magazine.

Craig 

thanks, yes Auto-Retro  magazines are good ;) 
indeed they had to present the renault 5 " Le car " once, and it is different from the French market ;) 

4 hours ago, cahartley said:

These "little" car shows don't seem so little to me.

I'm kind of shocked there aren't more 60's Volkswagens.

Do you find yourself seeing the same cars all the time?

I can't tell....... ☺️

thank you cahartley :) 
it depends on the exposure, one day there can be a lot of VW (bugs, van, karman, ...) and there are days where there are not many VW like this exhibition for example.
next to me there is regularly exposure / ride of old car and there is a lot of car in these days :) .
On the road, we sometimes cross old cars, we often see citroen 2cv, renault 4l.
last week i saw a simca aronde break and a peugeot 203.
and yesterday I saw on the road a peugeot 304 convertible :) 

• Like 1