34-46 Chrysler 6cyl motor

Need a 241.6 cid 6cyl motor or even a 241.5 cid 6cyl motor for parts.  Looking for intake and exhaust manifolds to get the old girl back on the macadam.

241.6 was for 1934 only and 241.5 came with the 1935's and stayed around until 1946.  Can you help.  Present exhaust is badly cracked.

20 inches red dot to red dot!  Wondering why Chrysler made the 241.6/241.5 modification?  The real question here is "Will that exhaust manifold fit my 241.6?"   I'm located about 50 miles south of Clearfield, PA on Interstate 80 in the center of PA.  
So, what's your price on that motor, Andy?

PlyRoadKing, may I request additional photos of the entire engine from both sides?  Also, the length of the block?  You say it's almost complete, so what is missing?

I feel a road trip coming on.  Please, the more photos, the better...especially photos of the entire motor.

On 8/20/2018 at 6:00 AM, Parrish said:

Need a 241.6 cid 6cyl motor or even a 241.5 cid 6cyl motor for parts.  Looking for intake and exhaust manifolds to get the old girl back on the macadam.

241.6 was for 1934 only and 241.5 came with the 1935's and stayed around until 1946.  Can you help.  Present exhaust is badly cracked.

Up to 1934 Chrysler (assuming this is what you are looking at) used what is known as a "partial water jacket" block which is quite different to the 39 "C22" shown in the photo, significantly the exhaust manifolds were very different, as the down pipe came from the middle of the manifold as opposed to the rear of manifold  as on the "C22".

The variation between the blocks makes for different engine mounts, bell housing / transmission mounts, starter motor, amongst other things. You can play mix and match, but, if you are looking to install a later engine into  34 or earlier Chrysler products its not a straightforward job.

IMG00061.JPG

IMG00059.JPG

Edited by hchris
add pics (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Parrish said:

Thank you kindly for contributing.  Your information was helpful and saved me from making a huge mistake.

What are your plans for that 34 pictured? 

Its been a work in progress for many years, not sure what the end result will be.

It's actually a CB, the longer wheel base version of the CA, also I'm living downunder so it's RHD and there's a number of differences including, you might notice, the exhaust manifold which has to fit around the steering column.

For vintchry:  a 33 CO would be 223.98 cid/83 hp.  Would you be willing to take some measurements of the block and the exhaust manifold?  That'll have the Stromberg carb, right?   Pictures would be absolutely great!  So where are you located and what kind of dollars are we talking?  Thanks

Wish to thank everyone for their input from which I have learned that my 1934 241.6 6 cyl has a half waterjacket with a 25 inch block referred to as "the big block".  Have found a potential modern  provider of an exhaust manifold for the Chrysler Big Six 25 inch block which will solve my problem.  Stay tuned and thanks again!