Power antenna switch

BEMSTER 3

Hello everyone. My Reatta is in pretty poor shape, but one of the few things that works great is the power antenna. I would like to install a switch on the wire that powers it so that it will not go up every time I turn on my headunit to listen to CDs. However, I cannot tell which wire powers the antenna. Could somebody tell me which one I should install the switch on?

20180608_084248.jpg

Here is the schematic for the power antenna.........

I think the simplist solution is........ on the wires coming from the front of the car,  put a switch in the black wire (ground)  If you remove ground, the antenna will not go up or down.

I would need to do a little more research but you might be able to do that at the radio.....just not sure where that ground wire goes....

Update 6/10/18......the black wire goes to S315 which grounds in the front of the trunk...different spots on coupes and convertibles, so if you want the switch up front, you will need to run a wire.

ant relay.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I'll go out to mine this evening and look.  I know I spliced into the power wire for the antenna to use that 12V as a remote wire for my amp.  I believe it was the orange but I will edit this response when I go confirm.  If you don't already have one you should invest in a test light, or better yet a multimeter then you could test which wire went to 12V when the radio was powered on.  I know that in the long run you will definitely need one with these particular vehicles.  Takes a lot of guesswork out of troubleshooting the various electrical systems we have.

• 3 weeks later...