Dodge Brothers business coupe ID tag

A2coins

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and love cars. I also like metal detecting. I live in Ann Arbor Michigan and was hoping I could get some information on this tag. My camera on my phone is cracked but here is the best picture I was able to get. The tag is about the size of a stick of gum. The tag says "Dodge Brothers Business Coupe  Patent Pending  Detroit U.S.A. Is this tag collectible? Anyone know what year this might be from, etc.  

Still trying to post a picture I think I posted in the wrong forum so I posted again here. Thanks in advance.

Pics are not working... Edited 15 minutes ago by A2coins   

That is interesting.

Pretty blurry, but interesting. I wasn't aware Dodge installed tags on the early cars stating the model. I'd like to know what year this is from as well.

It may not be very common, but I have seen quite a few examples of this particular tag. I do believe that the tag was attached to a part of the floorboard.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Mark Wetherbee said:

Purely speculation, but is it possible that whoever made the wood for the body tagged it to keep it separated from regular coupe wood? It may explain why it’s not a commonly known tag.

Could be due to the fact there were so many wood builder jobbers of that same time frame.

I think the more appropriate question COULD be which builder used these tags ? Was it Lang, or one of the other passenger car builders. I doubt it would be one of the coach builders like HH Babcock or JT Cantrell or the many other truck/commercial builders. My research for builders has geared more around the truck builders. Maybe the key is to find someone in the DB community he knows more about the passenger car builders... specifically someone who knows the business coupe thoroughly.

Would it be possible that the 4 door business coupe should be considered in this search also ? I doubt it but it's just a question that comes to mind...

Tags are such an intriguing topic and clearly not enough information is available for the prewar time period.

13 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Could be due to the fact there were so many wood builder jobbers of that same time frame.

I think the more appropriate question COULD be which builder used these tags ? Was it Lang, or one of the other passenger car builders. I doubt it would be one of the coach builders like HH Babcock or JT Cantrell or the many other truck/commercial builders. My research for builders has geared more around the truck builders. Maybe the key is to find someone in the DB community he knows more about the passenger car builders... specifically someone who knows the business coupe thoroughly.

Would it be possible that the 4 door business coupe should be considered in this search also ? I doubt it but it's just a question that comes to mind...

Tags are such an intriguing topic and clearly not enough information is available for the prewar time period.

They also made a "Dodge Brothers Business Sedan" tag.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, keiser31 said:

They also made a "Dodge Brothers Business Sedan" tag.

Sorry, I said 4 door Business Coupe...meant Sedan.

That's one of my pet peeves when I see guys use that term incorrectly... embarrassed that I did -_-

Not sure why Greg laughed at this post but then again,,,, there are a lot of goofy people on this forum. Very strange indeed?

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)