Ply 1929U Canadian Assembly Month/Year

frank29u

Hi everyone,

Looking to find assembly month and year for a Canadian built Plymouth 4dr sedan, FEDCO # GP992H.

I know Keiser31 has posted pages for Chrysler cars, but my search ability here to find them hasn't been successful.

Thanks,

frank

It is a Canadian built car. My look up tool at http://www.ply33.com/Misc/vin which does not have break downs by month, returns:

Serial Number GP-992-H
Found in range GP-583-W to GC-499-L
Serial 4094 of 9168
Year 1929
Make Plymouth
Model Code U
Plant Windsor
Engine 4 cylinder 170.3 cu.in. L-head
Wheelbase 109 3/4 inches
FedCo Number GP-992-H
Edited by ply33 (see edit history)

Thanks, ply33.  I've browsed your page, fantastic information all in one place.  I knew it was assembled in Canada, probably early to mid 29?  Attempting to determine which month.  My sedan was assembled around mid Aug 29.  Just fun fact to know about your car.  A friend has earlier 29U build and 20" tires like the 28Q; mine has 19."  Interesting to see minor differences/changes as they got further into year and between Detroit and Windsor.

Your car was the 4094th car to be built out of 9168, a bit over 44% of the way through the production. They built the U from January 7, 1929 until March 7, 1930 which if my arithmetic is correct is 464 days. So making the brash assumption that they built about the same number of cars per day/week/month then the car may have been built about 207 days into production. Again, if I've got my arithmetic correct, that would be late July or early August 1929.

A bunch of assumptions there but that may be the best you will get. Last I heard Chrysler Historical only has records for 1930 and later and only for US production. Unless someone comes up with a table like the one Kaiser31 posted for for US built vehicles, I don't think you will do much better on your guessing.