24 Chrysler transmission question

Ideally they should be turned to approx ID (a little small), have the grooves cut and hole drilled, then be installed and reamed to size in place. You may be OK with the shaft if it is polished first.

Have those bushes been turning? You should measure the inside of the gear they came out of very carefully to make sure it is not oversize and if it is buy bushes that can be turned to OD and ID.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

The tolerances hydraulic cylinder rebuilders work to with their grinders are second to none. Precision ground surfaces are hard chrome plated , then , even the micro ripple from the plating process is ground smooth ! No strangers to figure 8 lube channels , etc. either. Take everything in , and you will come out even better than new. I have to admit to enjoying the results of overkill from time to time.    - Carl 

yes it appears they have been turning, the hole is where the oil comes in. it lines up with a hole in the gear.  I like the hydraulic cylinder shop idea, although not very convenient in my area. Reaming them after they are installed is not a problem, I will polish the shaft and ream them for a nice fit. Should be good for a long time.  Thanks to all