GASOLINE TANK GAUGE

Terry Wiegand

I got the fuel tank gauge back today from Nostalgic Reflections.  Things that have dials and faces, such as clocks, speedometer dials, and etc. these guys are the go-to folks to send parts to.  This thing is really hard to get  photos of because of the curved and plated surfaces.  It took them a while to get this gauge fixed right and to work properly because a lot of the vertical tube was rusted away.  They did a great job with it and it now works like it should.  Nostalgic Reflections is located in Veradale, Washington.  Their phone is - (509) 226-3522.  The website is - www.NostalgicReflections.com  I am very happy with the way this piece turned out considering what it looked like when they got it.  I had the boss hold the float up a bit so that you could see the letter 'E' in full.  On the 1916 and 1920 models a person had to literally go back and look on top of the tank to check the fuel level.  On my 1922 there is a dash-mounted fuel gauge that is operated by a piano wire in a wrapped conduit that connects to the float bracket.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

P2220303.JPG

P2220305.JPG

P2220306.JPG

Edited by Terry Wiegand
GRAMMAR EDIT (see edit history)
  • Like 5