figuring out forums

sligermachine

Create new topic

so I have made a mess of my forum 

so I think this is what I was doing when I started a new thread  (I E ) just found this  ( create new topic ) while trying to find the pictures in the beginning of my thread I guess I started  new threads. 

I really have avoided computers all together my hole life . at work I draw in CAD program to design machines I just use some really old CAD program that is all ( DOS  operating system )  IT is what came with my first CNC that I bought 17 years ago and I never wanted to learn a new one cause I got so fast at drawing with old one . ( old dog --new tricks )  I can draw only with using a mouse and don't have to mess with keyboard at all except  numbers .

so I been trying to go back in time with my own forum to look at pictures to see a red car that someone put on my page but can't seem to find it . help --kyle   

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)

Really enjoy your workmanship:

Is this the photo?  It's in a post entitled  "WOOD FLOOR BOARD"

5a09cf5e40b94_rollingframe3.thumb.JPG.741d74580c2ccef5e2dbcf764ff7d73f.JPG.21b448e4a7adae32c00247b91e9a19bc.JPG

Just click that arrow on the upper right corner.

Edited by Gary W (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are trying to find something that you have posted, click on your user name on the left side of any of your posts. That will bring you to your profile page. On your profile page, on the right side, you will see "See Their Activity". Click on that button and it will bring up all of your previous posts. This will also work for any other user that you want to find a particular item that they have posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SligerMachine makes a good point.  Is there a Tutorial we could send new users or a link to have them access?  The last thing I think any of us want to do is keep a new member away due to not understanding or feeling confident in how to post, attach pictures etc..  We need all the new and old dogs we can get! 

Years ago my late father showed up at the house with a bunch information about his WWII Bomber Group, all off the internet.  This is a guy 85+ at the time with no computer or internet.  I asked him where he got it all.  He said he went to the local public library, looked for the brightest kid he could find, showed him some pictures of himself as a pilot and asked the kid if he could help him find more information on 'Doodle' (Google).  The kid set him up and the librarian must have filled the printer with paper.  After that he made regular trips bringing a written list of things he wanted to look up, all on his own.  Years later, the young man heard of his passing and came to the funeral home.  Turns out he and my dad were library buddies.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 1:00 AM, sligermachine said:

Create new topic

so I have made a mess of my forum 

so I think this is what I was doing when I started a new thread  (I E ) just found this  ( create new topic ) while trying to find the picture  in the beginning of my thread I guess I started  new threads. 

I really have avoided computers all together my whole life . at work I draw in CAD program to design machines I just use some really old CAD program that is all ( DOS  operating system )  IT is what came with my first CNC that I bought 17 years ago and I never wanted to learn a new one cause I got so fast at drawing with old one . ( old dog --new tricks )  I can draw only with using a mouse and don't have to mess with keyboard at all except  numbers .

so I been trying to go back in time with my own forum to look at pictures to see a red car that someone put on my page but can't seem to find it. help --kyle