1940 buick gas tank

lhend50

Just discovered the gas tank in my 1940 buick is leaking. It is a roadmaster sport coupe, but I would think that other models would fit. Appears they changed the tanks in 41, since they seem readily available. If anyone has one or has a source let me know. Thanks

You could try Bob's Automobilia, they have a number of repro ones available. Also, in my area, Toronto, Ontario, there is a repair shop called "Gas Tank Renu" which has a fine reputation for repairing tanks. Perhaps there is something like that in your area?

You must have a model 76S, I have a '41 McLaughlin Buick, 2 door Roadmaster coupe, which is the same as a US 76S.

Post a few pictures of your car, if you can.

Keith

Thanks, I think I have located a used one, waiting for a price. I bought the car 40yrs ago as a rust free, dent free car. Motor had a bad bearing, so it was completely rebuilt, I had chrome done, engine turning done and most of paint work done, then traded it for something else to a friend. Car sat, untouched for 35yrs in his garage. Only thing he did was lose the hood. I bought it back a few months ago and I am ready to start again, got it running the other day, but tank is shot. Located a hood and now it is time to move forward, this time it is getting finished. I will post a few photos when I get a chance. 

• Like 1