62 Stude Lark wagon parts

avantey

A friend just got a real sweet Lark wagon, 259 V8 4 door, that needs a few parts.  He is not real computer savvy but is coming to Hershey on Friday only.  So far he needs a water pump, fuel pump, one hubcap, some emblems, a radiator and windlace.  He cannot put a lot of money in this car right now so good used parts are OK.  Any leads here or suggestions of who to visit at Hershey would be appreciated.  He is in upstate NY but can travel reasonable distances if needed.  This wagon is very solid  (cute as hell too) and worth saving!

Thanks,

He might be better off on Thursday, many of the vendors over in the Red Fields some packing up around 11:00 AM and in those fields the only thing left there at 5PM are seagulls. garbage cans, and week old porta sans. The green and orange fields still have plenty of vendors on Friday and Saturday. The fuel pump and water pump he might be better off getting them rebuilt. this way all of the rubber in the fuel pump will be of modern design for today's fuels. Same with the water pump an NOS one will have some dry seals.

One day is a tough haul especially when he has to make hay. Tell him to buy a program as soon as he gets there and start looking for the Studebaker Vendors if the don't have it then they might even point him in the right direction.

That's true advice.  A LOT of vendors start leaving on Friday, and as far as Saturday goes, you'd best be coming to the car show, as vendors are scarce.

Wednesday and Thursday are the best days by far if looking for parts.  Best of luck to him!!

Thanks Dave,

He is a hard working guy who loves the cars, my excellent pro body and paint friend (won't let me touch a gun!)  and just does what he can when he can.  I have seen the Stude wagon- it is incredibly cute and something you do not see a lot of.  Maybe I need to shop for him at Hershey, help him get it done and sell it to me?   Nah, who would want three Studebakers in the barn?  I would like to meet you at Hershey, I know where you are there, I am not far away.  Marty keeps saying come by but no one is ever home when I get there.....