Mystery Buick for sale on prewarcar

nzcarnerd

It would be interesting to know just what this really is. My German is near nil but you can pick up the important bits.   First thing I noticed is that it has the multi hub bolt rear end of a Standard model.   The chassis and engine numbers should both have seven digits.  Buick sixes never got to be as big a 5.6 litres - about 340 cubic inches. Not interested in it myself but I hope someone doesn't get misled.   http://www.prewarcar.com/classifieds/ad226000.html

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)

According to Google Translate:

Offered is a Buick Model 27 50C with chassis number 121358 and Motornummer 17223027. The vehicle is perfect for the construction of a racing car or a tourer. The 5,6L 6 cylinder engine has been completely overhauled and brought up to date, of this work there is an extensive photo documentation. The engine has a set "Triple SU Bronze Carburettors" of an Alvis 4.3. The Buick is in very good condition and many parts are double. *** The vehicle can be inspected in Beaulieu at the booth of PreWarCar R706 R707 ***

7 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Buick sixes never got to be as big a 5.6 litres - about 340 cubic inches.   http://www.prewarcar.com/classifieds/ad226000.html

They got close - 1930 Series 50 and 60 Series ran a six cylinder motor of 331.5 cubic inches.

The motor is 1929 or 1930 as you can see where the fuel pump ( after 1928 only ) fitment area has been blanked off. Chassis appears to be 1927, front wheels have 1927 hubcaps but rear is running 1929 caps suggesting rear end is 1929 ( hubcaps not interchangeable with earlier caps ).

The chassis and engine numbers don't come close to any of the years these parts are from BUT, it is RHD so maybe there is a Canadian connection.

Ambitious asking price!!

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)