Payment for parts,shipping,Paypal, problems??

Most legitimate buyers will understand not wanting to have a 3-4% charge for accepting paypal. Especially on

larger amounts, and from a foreign country. 

In my case, the reason for my initial post, was protecting both myself and the buyer with the correct form of payment for the parts and shipping cost.  Parts have now been paid for and are at the shipping provider (choice of the buyer), being packaged for shipment.  Buyer should have his parts in a week or so.

Matt

when I list anything on E bay I check the space for   OVERSEES SHIPPING     when oversees buyers win bid    I am only responsible to send to distribution  center in Kentucky     buyer responsible for rest        last month sold a small manual for a stereo  tuner to some one in Italy         he contacted me after a while and said he never got it                   contacted E bay    they varified it was received at shipping hub and I was told E bay would take car if it      they could not find it in the system     buy my responsibility was over    and they would be responsible    sold in China. Canada , Netherlands, Africa and maybe some others

I've had buyer's tell me they won't buy from me if I use the Global shipping program.  I don't want to use it either as it's one more way for ebay to mark up the shipping and make even more money.   That's the only reason they set it up.  It wasn't to make customers happy.   I've been told by customers as well they rebox stuff how they choose including removing parts from original packaging and collapsing the packaging to making it smaller thus possibly ruining it. 

I believe my International shipping is cheaper than they offer as I ship most of my items First class mail,  and many of my international customers build piles.  I believe one had a pile over 1000.00  last month.

Now ebay want's you to sign up for guaranteed shipping/ delivery which is completely out of your control as soon as you drop it at the post office but you will be responsible to make sure it arrives at the customers location on time.  I wonder how well that program is going to work out with the 2 back to back Hurricanes in the Gulf?  Not even stuff shipped there but it will ripple effect through everywhere I bet. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)