1927 Willys-Knight C/L Green Bay $10,500

Here's a link to a great looking Willy-Knight 4dr sedan for sale near Green Bay. While it only has 13,000 miles on it, it apparently needs engine work. I've always been curious about Knight engined cars, myself. I can't imagine what sort of work it could need though. Handsome car with a nice original (apparently) interior.

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/d/1927-willys-knight/6248114818.html

Keep in mind this a sleeve valve. The sleeves are susceptible to sticking. They can be freed up if some one has not tried to start 

it. If they try cranking it over without first freeing it up, it will likely break the sleeve rod or the boss on the sleeve.

Not an easy fix and virtually no replacement parts.

Seems like a nice car if the engine isn't broken internally.

Dennis 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dl456 said:

Keep in mind this a sleeve valve. The sleeves are susceptible to sticking. They can be freed up if some one has not tried to start 

it. If they try cranking it over without first freeing it up, it will likely break the sleeve rod or the boss on the sleeve.

Not an easy fix and virtually no replacement parts.

Seems like a nice car if the engine isn't broken internally.

Dennis 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about what could possibly be wrong with the engine. I was hoping someone with some knowledge of sleeve valve engines would weigh in.