Selling 1961 Buick Skylark

Guest MrDennis

Guest MrDennis

1961 Buick Skylark

Numbers Matching

No Rust

I am now selling my 1961 Buick Skylark. I purchased the car in the summer of 2013 from the granddaughter of the original owner. The car was originally built in Flint Michigan and purchased new in New Hampshire. The original owner took special care of the vehicle never letting the car see the snow or salt. She minimally used the car only to go grocery shopping and getting around town. When I purchased the car, it had 42,000 miles on it and was told that they are original. After putting roughly 10,000 miles on it myself and getting to know the car intimately, I would agree. The granddaughter had the car painted in the late 90’s and though it was not a completely professional paint job it is presentable. The car does have a major scratch on the trunk of the car that was there when I purchased the car. I have lived with it but would most likely be fixed by the next owner. 

This car is very usable as I have driven it all over the country and have had my enjoyment with it. The cars dual path automatic transmission shift well and smooth and is great for cruising. The car does 70mph on the highway with ease and the car is not to slow in terms of today’s standard. While under my care, I have done a few things to the car. This includes a full tune-up (spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, condenser and points), a water pump, rear shocks, brake wheel cylinders, rear brake lines, rebuilt the generator, new voltage regulator, a few odds and ends and loads of oil changes. I don't need to sell the car, I just haven't had the time to show it the attention it deserves. The car comes with its spare wheel, jack, and books.

Car is located in New Hampshire with a Clear Title. Asking $6,700

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

Edited by MrDennis (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, JetSmooth61 said:

Still for sale?  Please send me a PM if so.  Thanks.

JetSmooth, this was a one post wonder (wonder where he went after he posted) that was made going on a year ago and he hasn't visited the site since. Didn't leave a phone number either. You may want to try sending a PM and he may have Notifications turned on and will answer you but tha's a long shot. Good luck  :)

There was a near twin to it at the Rhinebeck car show over the weekend,  but in almost a rose or orchid color.  I would dare say it was a step above this car especially if the owner would have spent a couple hours detailing it a little nicer.  Extremely original car that even undetailed looked alot better under the hood.  The interior was very nice as well.  Looked to be original paint to me amd even had a shine to it,  though it was a metallic color.  The potmetal chrome looked excellent.  The weather stripping was still very nice with just a random check or two. 

I like original cars and was very impressed by how original it was.   Looks like it was driven there as well.  Even in the color,  I wouldn't have minded adding it to my collection.  Did anyone get the contact info on it?  I checked Craigslist after i got home as I thought I had seen it on there,  but couldn't find it. 

Thanks for the follow up, Mr. Earl and auburnseeker.  I did PM the guy but haven't heard back.  Now I wish I'd attended Rhinebeck.  I'll keep my eyes open.  In the meantime I'm trying to sell my 1965 Impala (see the Cars for Sale forum) to make room should I find a Skylark.  I'll post a "car wanted" when the Chevy sells.