Identify Ford Engine

Guest Mm3030

Guest Mm3030

Hi everyone. New here and was just wondering if anyone could identify this ford engine for me? 

Sorry if this isn't the right spot to post. 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

IMG_3143.JPG

11DBCF89-D412-4AB5-A586-049B6F2F772C.JPG

Big block Ford, 429/460.....made from 1968 to 1996, so unless someone can decode the manifold cast date (which still only tells age of manifold, not necessarily engine), won't know year unless you give engine number....

Your photographs missed many of the important identifying features that folks like to use to sort out Ford OHV engines. However, It would appear that you have a 460 V8, which is part of the 385 series Ford engine family. The best clue is the thermostat housing boss being part of the intake, with the thermostat pointing straight up. But the easiest way to ID which family of Ford V8 engines you are looking at is to count the valve cover bolts. There should be 7 on a 460 v8, but I can't see in this photo. 

By the way, not only are your photos of the intake manifold (which can be bolted to several different displacement engines), and not only are they too tiny to be very useful, but they are photos of the distributor firing order and the date code.  To properly identify this motor, one needs photos of the casting numbers of the block and heads.  The cylinder head casting number will be between the valve cover and the spark plugs.

casting_number.jpg

The block casting number is on the passenger side rear of the block.

blocknumber.jpg

Guest Mm3030

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry, rookie here. Found this engine in the back of a storage unit I purchased. 

C9VE-A

D1VE-A2B

Those numbers help?

C9VE-a

C is 1960's

9 is year, so 1969

V is Lincoln

E is for engine

DIVE-A2B

would decode to 1971 Lincoln engine.

Am sure someone with more expertise will explain the two codes better than I....

19 hours ago, Mm3030 said:

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry, rookie here. Found this engine in the back of a storage unit I purchased. 

C9VE-A

D1VE-A2B

Those numbers help?

trimacar is correct. C9VE-A head castings were used in model year 1969-71 Lincoln 460 motors. The block is a 1971 Lincoln 460.  The parts appear to be consistent for a 1971 Lincoln motor.