Loose Headlights 25 Buick

carmover

The headlights on my 25 Buick have a lot of in and out movement and are very loose.All of the locks engage to the bezel but the little rope gasket is not taking out the slack and they are very loose.Does anyone know how to fix this?

Ron,

These clips belong on the headlamp bucket as shown to keep the headlamp ring in the forward position.  They were called "door springs" and were used on all models for 1924 and 1925.  I still need to get my clips plated.  The nickeled headlamp ring has 3 metal tabs secured inside as you described to hold the lens and silvered reflector in place.   Hugh

IMG_5114.thumb.JPG.e21a4d0a6a30d314c7ebb6a7cfea3a35.JPGIMG_5117.thumb.JPG.4daaaebc8e8422c919c288d6a7a35ddd.JPG

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hugh,I came up with a fix that is working perfectly until I can find the clips if I ever do.I took some thick cork material and cut it into small rectangular pieces and glued one behind each locking tabs on the housing and the rings locked in place with no play at all.

• Like 1

Ron:

I will be at the Buick nationals and I will be on the look out for these. I never did find any for myself and had to make my own. The spare headlight set I have for the Master only had 3 useable ones. If need be I can make you a set.DSCF1939.thumb.JPG.36237efc2e2eb49e57b49ec26ae53e71.JPG

Best regards:

Larry

• Like 1

Thanks guys for looking out for me.Larry if you can find me some or make me a set I appreciate it.just let me know the cost and I will settle up with you.And Hugh thank you for finding the SP cover for me it' was a needle in a haystack and is the crown jewel of my engine!

• Like 2