Small Buick Emblem

Bobm90

I have a small size buick emblem from pre 30's, I think, this small emblem looks just like the larger one that was used on the front of the car radiator grill or headlight bar, I know it was used on the tail light bracket but am trying to pin down a year range, thanks for any help you can offer, I attached front and rear pictires. The small one measures aprox 1 5/16 H X 1 3/4 W the Larger is Aprox 1 3/4 H X 2 3/8 W I am trying to figure out what year range Buicks they would be on .

Buick Small Size.jpg

Buick 04 (Small) Rear - Has Attachment.jpg

Edited by Bobm90
I left off measurements (see edit history)

Bob:

I have 3 different size badges. Rectangle measurement. A large 1 7/8" X2 3/8" rectangle. Earlier car? The ones on my tail light plate and radiator for my 1925 Master and Standard Touring cars are all 1 5/8" X 2". A 1926-1927 Master radiator shell I have has a small 1 1/4" X 1 5/8" Badge.

Larry

Larry

Thank you for your reply, I have added the following dimensions to my original post, the small one is about 1 5/16 H X 1 3/4 W,  the larger one is 1 3/4 H X 2 3/8 W. It's hard to measure these guys accurately due to their shape, the small one is close in size to the 26-27 Master shell. To add to my confusion I saw a photo of a car on google that had a badge on the headlight bar on a 1930 Roadster (I attached a photo) but it appeared to be a larger one. I have been working on a "History" of different Auto makers and collecting some items that go along with these cars, so far Kaiser, GM and Chrysler are coming along but all require more work living on Long Island NY I needed a "winter" project and choose this, but it will go into at least another one. I would email (privately) you  a copy of what I have so far on G.M. so you can see what I am talking about, I just don't want to throw it out for the public who have a tendency to be critical, just yet Thanks again for your reply.

Bob

buick1930-6cylsportcoupe.jpg

Bob:

I measured just the rectangle, not counting the extending B and K.

I would be happy to help as would my circle of BUICK friends. While I am at the Buick nationals next week in Brookfield Wisc. I will do a little survey.

Larry