Some pictures of my 16v Tc at Sdac 27

What number is your car? I was trying to make it out in one of the pictures, but I couldn't see it clearly. I know it's an earlier one.

I wish I could have been there this year. I'm planning to make it next year.

202441, I believe it has yet to be added to the registry. Put 1000 miles on it this trip. The furthest I've taken it. Rolled 30,000 miles. It was smooth and comfortable without a problem! Noticed one tiny little rock chip on a headlight. Little bummed about that. Had to drive through lots of hwy construction on 80 coming into Illinois. Might use a windshield repair kit to fill it in. IMG_1920.thumb.JPG.6e17d05462e389911496ad28a66523f8.JPG

8 hours ago, Reaper1 said:

What number is your car? I was trying to make it out in one of the pictures, but I couldn't see it clearly. I know it's an earlier one.

I wish I could have been there this year. I'm planning to make it next year.

It's a rather late 89 Royal Cabernet. Woodgrain makes it more late than early, so does the VIN.      30,000, i almost wish, mine is at 283,613. It's an early 89.

21 hours ago, Turbo Kane said:

202441, I believe it has yet to be added to the registry. Put 1000 miles on it this trip. The furthest I've taken it. Rolled 30,000 miles. It was smooth and comfortable without a problem! Noticed one tiny little rock chip on a headlight. Little bummed about that. Had to drive through lots of hwy construction on 80 coming into Illinois. Might use a windshield repair kit to fill it in. IMG_1920.thumb.JPG.6e17d05462e389911496ad28a66523f8.JPG

Yeah, rocks are why I'm not driving mine as much as I'd honestly like to. I had 2 right headlights busted last year because of frigging rocks. >:( Because the headlight protectors are no longer made, I improvised and currently have clear packing tape on them. Unless you look really close, you can't tell. I know eventually I'll have to take it off, but for now it works.

I actually made out the car number in the picture I was looking at! LOL I wasn't sure, but I thought it was 2441. Mine is 2437 and the car I'm "cloning" was 1237.

15 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

It's a rather late 89 Royal Cabernet. Woodgrain makes it more late than early, so does the VIN.      30,000, i almost wish, mine is at 283,613. It's an early 89.

It's "late", but also "early". It's got the non-common block engine and the bigger strut tower covers. 

fullsizeoutput_1259.thumb.jpeg.a65e6a59ee331b556383a075df3c18b6.jpeg

This is my '89  #0766  The Indy decal on the driver's door is from the time of the first TC America Yearly Convention my wife and I attended in 1995.  

It was held in Indianapolis and we all had the opportunity to take 1 lap of that famous track before it opened for the race cars on 'Carburetor Day' as it was called.

• Like 2

I'm curious Kane of the build date on your door jam, your car does seem to be an odd collection of early and late parts:huh:  It's like the interior is late(was it swapped out with another car?) but the engine seems like an early car.  Peek underneath, does it have a double pivot K frame?  I'm betting door jam says June of 88;)   Another 'late' option your interior has is the fabric tweeter covers versus the fuzzy carpet like stuff.

Very clean car!  SDAC 27 is the first one I couldn't make it to in over 10 years, I'll be there next year in something with twin camsB)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TwinCamFan said:

I would suspect build date to be May 89 on Turbo Kane's TC.  

I know you didn't ask about mine, but mine being an 11/88 build date, but I do have double pivot K frame with stamped lower arms, not cast.IMG_1649.thumb.JPG.3ee5eb9cc1578f32516c04fcc9b7169e.JPG

IMG_1650.thumb.JPG.835c9f6f4dd89d4f6ecf0ad80c0f0498.JPG

fullsizeoutput_125b.thumb.jpeg.611996a5f94e2e8031952d5283dc0f1f.jpeg

IMG_1227.thumb.JPG.5a201b4735866e90d6e07a539a61214a.JPG

The speaker covers I switched, hated the fuzzy ones. All original parts will be kept with the car. It has single pivot K frame or "early". It's non common block and from my understanding the wood grain interior parts are the only unusual factory add on with the car. Might be a late early when they started introducing the wood grain. Thoughts?

15 hours ago, TwinCamFan said:

Very clean car!  SDAC 27 is the first one I couldn't make it to in over 10 years, I'll be there next year in something with twin camsB)

I know! We missed the fireworks and nitrous rental car this year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful TC Andrew!   It was awesome hanging out with you at SDAC this year.  Paint looks great on the TC and you did an excellent job restoring it and cleaning it up.  One of the nicest TC's I've seen.  The mileage on yours is nearly identical to one of mine.  (same exterior/interior color combo too!).  Glad to see you are keeping it so nice.

-Rick

• Like 1