WANTED: 1967 CHEVY MALIBU 2 DOOR

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, auburnseeker said:

I thought I was losing my touch,  but just discovered another one over on ebay.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevrolet-Chevelle-SS-/382166450337?hash=item58fae540a1:g:pdAAAOSwkGxZa5mw&vxp=mtr

Thanks A.S., this will be sent, am betting it will go for $40K plus, don't you think ? 

A beautiful car ........ then I see the rubber hoses and the canister fuel filter hanging off the block.

Bring the marshmallows, you know there'll be a blaze sooner or later.

My Buddy in Ohio believes everything he has seen thus far is not for him, for one reason or another.

It all began with a search for a Malibu.

Then the hunt for a true SS396 has been a futile search.

No original 396 engines in the 138 body, they're updated to either 427 or 454.

Colors don't match body tags, etc.

BUT, the prices are still high, real high in my estimation, as if these mismatched 138 bodies are true SS 396 cars.

The search will continue..

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, auburnseeker said:

I still think this one looks good, a dressed up Malibu with a  283, P.G..  Even nicer if it could be bought for $24K to $25K. 

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)

That's actually not a huge stretch.  You never know.  It might be able to be had for that.  My Vette was advertised at I believe 67,500 or possibly even a bit Higher.  I talked to the dealer over the phone who was brokering it and told him right up front,  it's more than what I had to spend but I might be able to make it happen.  What was his best price.  He without hesitation said 61,000 was his bottom line.  That was just enough for me to pull some strings and make it happen.  It might just be worth the try. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, auburnseeker said:

This is the one from your search on July 12th, I believe. . Much lower price today, with different pics.  https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6215431543.html

Edited by bobg1951chevy
spell (see edit history)

I lose track of them all.  Some look familiar but I think we have only found them painted 4 different colors so they stop standing out when you have seen your 4th or 5th red or black one.  

I still like the Butternut one.  But I don't know all the details on any of them. 

I know a few seem flashier,  but that one,  maybe it's the color combo or just that all the little things looks right and the fact it sports it's un tampered drivetrain,  that makes it all just seem more authentic and appealing.  Looks kind of like the Corvair you bought.  Not the flashiest, but the nicest most authentic overall.  The kind that looks like a couple year old car. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, auburnseeker said:

A.S., I continue to suggest to my Ohio buddy to purchase a nice "Malibu", such as this, then personalize the car to his tastes ......... rather than buy a non-stock, over priced SS, which would put a brake on any further touches.

$40K vs $25K leaves a lot of "personalization" funds.

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)

10 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

That one actually looks pretty nice when you look close.  I think the wheels make it look cheap or poorly done for some reason.  The stock rallye style I think would look a whole lot better. 

We seem to think alike.  Those wheels simply make my backside pucker.  Not a deal breaker, though.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, auburnseeker said:

I lose track of them all.  Some look familiar but I think we have only found them painted 4 different colors so they stop standing out when you have seen your 4th or 5th red or black one.  

I still like the Butternut one.  But I don't know all the details on any of them. 

A.S., If it were my decision, I would pick this one, based on overall condition and forget the hunt for a Malibu.

I've seen alot of other 65-67 era GM cars that I would be chasing down if it were me.  Many very clean original cars for less money than most of the Chevelles, but we know your friend is stuck on the 67 Chevelle phase.  I always try to open up my search by a few years and if possible models to get the best example at the best price and not have to settle for something less. 

8 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I've seen alot of other 65-67 era GM cars that I would be chasing down if it were me.  Many very clean original cars for less money than most of the Chevelles, but we know your friend is stuck on the 67 Chevelle phase.  I always try to open up my search by a few years and if possible models to get the best example at the best price and not have to settle for something less. 

I believe that LeMans will make a nice cruiser from someone.  Nice car.

I would say it should be the 22-25 range depending on how much value you want to put in the engine tranny swap.  22 may seem cheap but alot of fresh kind of thick ploppy undercoating always raises a little flag.  I can

t tell how nice it is in the door jambs or how nice the instrument cluster is to say if its a so so car or a really nice one.  I'm not sure what is sticking out from under the Driver's door in the one photos but may be something of concern.

My guess is the dealer paid low 20's and is hoping to sell it in the 27500 range.  I would need some more detailed photos to make a better judgment.  

I have a matching-numbers 1967 SS396 L35 325 horse 4-speed car in Butternut Yellow with black top and buckets.  Power steering & brakes, plus working power antenna. 58,000 original miles. Never-rusted southern car with immaculate floors and quarters. Fantastic paint and interior, drives properly, very tight. Redline radials on Rallys. Best of all, located in my showroom in northeast Ohio. Just arrived so I only have these photos.

Chevelle1.jpg

Chevelle2.jpg

Chevelle3.jpg

636207826418321444.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

19 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Here is a not so stock one.  That's pretty nice. 

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1967-chevelle-53-ls-conversion/6225878108.html

I don't believe my buddy wants a highly modified engine, but will pass it on. A bit pricy for a 13617 model, but I am thinking he may have some dollars invested in his engine.