1925 Standard Six Sedan...I think.

Guest musketeer

Guest musketeer

My dad stumbled upon and bought a project and we are trying to figure out exactly what we have. I've scoured these forums but some of the pictures and old documents of serial numbers just don't make sense to me. I'll openly admit that we are in awe of the knowledge on this forum and I hope we aren't dismissed as idiots that don't belong! Below are some pictures and some numbers that I hope you can help us make sense of.

Is the engine number the actual sequence number of engines built? i.e. was this the 1,317,105th engine produced by Buick? Is there any way to decode the number down to a certain production run, etc? 

From what we can see our engine is 1317105 and our frame is 1302869. If anyone could use specific pictures to help ID this thing I can take whatever you request. 

Any and all information is greatly appreciated, we will be watching these forums for years to come. Thanks.

buickEngine.jpg

buickQuarfront.jpg

buickRear.jpg

engineSerial.jpg

frameSerial.jpg

Welcome to the Buick Pre war forum.  You have come to the right place, and I am glad to see another 1925 Buick Standard being nursed back to health.   .  Buick reserved serial numbers in blocks.  I have some data from Terry Weigand, but I cant find the original e mail, so I would have to type it all out.  I do have this page from the BCA judging manual.   The chassis serial numbers for 1925 went from 1239259 to 1398244, and the engine numbers from 1264701 to 1439500.  Your numbers fall into the range of 1925 standard numbers.  

The tag on your firewall should be stamped "25-xx", where 25 is the year, and xx is the model number or body style.

Hugh

593db8db1f3d7_engineandserialnumbersBCA.thumb.JPG.2d47dc1b6061d33d769d435cc075bf27.JPG

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Musketeer

As Hugh said,  you have a 1925 standard.  It looks  like a four door sedan which would make it Model 25-27,  If its a two door coach it is Model 25-20.   1925 was the first year of the small six on the 114"  wheelbase  and 191cu inch engine.  No parts are interchangeable  with the larger Master series,   and very few parts are interchangeable with the 1926 Standard

• Like 2

Guest musketeer

Thank you both for the quick replies. Looking at the firewall data plate we have a 25-27. The good news so far is that we have pretty much everything accounted for except for the gas pedal, spare tire, one piston that needs replacing, and running boards. Everything is in great shape all things considered. We were able to determine that the engine and accessories move freely, the windows function, and the transmission goes in and out of the gears.

Thanks again for the responses, we hope to learn much more about the car as we progress.

Nice that your car is very complete.  The gas pedal does not look like a gas pedal.  It is more of a button and a large mushroom head bolt to rest your foot on.  Here is a photo of the gas pedal mechanism.  The photo from in the car is what it should look like when installed.  The gas pedal button you can get from Bob's Automobilia.  I thought I was missing the gas pedal myself for a long time.  I have all the data you need on the running boards, along with a how to guide on installation once you get to that point.   I have an extra rim, but you will want to keep looking for a better one.  Hugh

593e8df763225_2015-10-2911_06_30.thumb.jpg.55e56962c25d5da2fdaa1f2407ad83b3.jpg593e8e4bebd41_2015-10-2911_07_39.thumb.jpg.8c0816a30b7dbf71791880098e63f5e7.jpg593e8d75b62c5_Buick1925golvkladsel3.jpg.00300b3b4c2874a224ab8766c747c58d.jpg

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)

Guest musketeer

You guys are awesome. I'll let you know if we find the gas pedal in our pile of parts. Yes we are in the US; central Minnesota to be exact. I (Aaron) am an airline pilot now, but flew corporate out of Victoria, TX for five years. I've flown into Lake Jackson (KLBX) with my dad quite a few times. Wichita Falls I haven't been to. Closest would be lots of Meacham and Fort Worth Alliance. 

Edited by musketeer (see edit history)

Folks in the Gopher State Chapter of the Buick Club Of America may be able to provide local assistance. We will be driving through in early July en route to the BCA National Meet in Brookfield, WI. We will be driving relatively modern Buicks - 1975 Electra and 1966 Wildcat for this trip.