Foot warmer for a car?

one-shot

Had this on a self for years, from a yard sale. I assume by a recent post I read that this is a foot warmer for early cars. I cant find a model or name. Its as good as you get for 80- to 90 years old. (Quess)

Harold

car_001.jpg

car0_001.jpg

car7_001.jpg

car9_001.jpg

Found a close copy on ebay. Its called a standard. same city of mfg, but by a stamping outfit. Mine is in WAY lot better shape. The name is on it just needed to clean up a little. They want 130 dollars.

Harold

My parents picked up one of these decades ago (1960's), when they visited an old woman in her home who had a bunch of antique clothing from the 1920's. Mom was into flapper dresses and other old costumes, but when they found that the kind old lady also had an original wool lap robe from her family's open touring car, plus a bearskin winter driving coat, they were ecstatic. (Apparently her family drove their open 1920's vintage touring car in cold weather quite a bit!) She also gave our family one of those foot warmers. It was explained to me that these foot warmers had been used for decades in cars, buggys, and anywhere that heat was not available. Many families kept them around, and filled them will hot embers for ice fishing shanties, carriage rides, car trips, etc, etc. 

I still have that old lap robe, and use it as originally intended in our 1923 Hupmobile touring, plus the full-length bearskin coat (heavy!)