Todays pile

4 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Thanx for the tip! Lately I've been doing more "mechanical" removal to avoid chemicals altogether. When I found out how lethal POR15 vapors are and then read on the container, "also some chemicals not identified here". I spoke with a guy who painted all four undersides of the fenders on his 40 in his heated garage in winter. He went to the emg room for treatment cuz he felt numb, couldn't feel his arms and legs. Recovered, but scared him pretty badly, (he used different words)! 

I was worried about harsh chemicals as well.   ZEP 505 works well.(Home Depot/Lowes)  I do recommend rubber gloves as it also removes your natural oils from your hands if used extensively without gloves.  Drys your out the skin on your hands.  You do not pass out from the fumes.   However, if my hands do get greasy I use a spray or two and rinse.  Grease is gone and hands feel fine.  In fact, I don't use Orange Pumice hand cleaner any longer.  Just a sprits of ZEP 505 work it around and rinse.    

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)

On 4/17/2017 at 5:31 AM, 2carb40 said:

Thanx for the tip! Lately I've been doing more "mechanical" removal to avoid chemicals altogether. When I found out how lethal POR15 vapors are and then read on the container, "also some chemicals not identified here". I spoke with a guy who painted all four undersides of the fenders on his 40 in his heated garage in winter. He went to the emg room for treatment cuz he felt numb, couldn't feel his arms and legs. Recovered, but scared him pretty badly, (he used different words)! 

Do they make POR-15 up in the North Country around St. Lawrence? That happened to me when I ate some beef jerky I bought in a gas station on RT11.

• Like 1