1990 Select 60 Restoration project

NCReatta

1990 Select 60 #64 restoration project for sale $5800 only 71,000 miles 

Needs a lot but runs and drives and the air works.

Good: 
Complete portfolio 
Air works 
CD player works 
Both power windows work 
Door panels perfect 
All center caps 
Antenna works 
Top functions well  

Bad: 
Needs paint, top, tires.
Wheels need to be refinished 
Two small chips in windshield 
Seat recliners do not work 
Visor clips broken
ABS light is on 
Radio crackles 
One cable for the top release broken 
Headlight motors need to be rebuilt 
Seats need to be reupholstered

I can preform some or all of these repairs for anyone who may be interested. This car will be going on eBay next week if it's not sold before then

Photos can be viewed here: 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see why this car couldn't be an easy fix. Most of the items that are listed are not drivability issues. The tires would be the first item to be taken care of. Then the ABS if the red brake light is not on, then everything else can be done a little at a time. If I didn't already have a S60 I would buy ;the car.

Somebody will get a great deal

• Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, Booreatta said:

I don't see why this car couldn't be an easy fix. Most of the items that are listed are not drivability issues. The tires would be the first item to be taken care of. Then the ABS if the red brake light is not on, then everything else can be done a little at a time. If I didn't already have a S60 I would buy ;the car.

Somebody will get a great deal

I think if these were easy fixes, Marck would take care of them and sell the car for a greater profit (unless he bought the car for peanuts and the margin is better "as is" vs making repairs).

This sounds like a nice father (or grandfather)/son project where expense is secondary (and family bonding time is primary). Whatever it takes to keep kids away from their cell phones, fake news and reality TV is a worthy project.  Money put into this car will be greater than its' value.

They are easy fixes. The reason I am selling it as is is to help the current owner get the most they can for the car. 

From a business prospective, I couldn't invest the money/time it would take to make it right and make the margin I need to make on it. Not to mention I have my hands full with 9 other Reattas here in various stages of restoration. 

This car is a great project for someone. They can invest the time and money and have a solid car for a fair price. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...